Summer went by in a flash. Work, kids, vacation, health appointments for the whole family: I just didn’t see time pass. School and work are back on, and hopefully with those, some more regular posting. The question is, what was done over that postless time?
|This month||Yearly total|
Painting have gone done a lot compared to the start of the year. I’m putting 2 in that field over the two month, Jeanne Romme and her cypher Gallant for Relic Knights, but they are barely tabletop ready, done to get them to a playable level quickly. I’ll go over them eventually for sure. They did receive more attention than the rest of my RK done early in the year for CaptainCon, which is why I count them but not the older ones. I also tried to finish the last model for my Arena Rex starter, but I didn’t complete it yet.
Result: 2 painted, 20 yearly
Sculpting is what I did most over the summer, but not to a quantifiable level. A lot of it is work on wip terrain piece for World of Twilight. I did finish the roofs of my Fubarnii tower, but the rest of the building is not done. I did finish two projects though: Barnacles the pugicorn (yes, a pug unicorn) based on a sketch done by my wife, for her birthday, and my second swashfishler goblin pirate, a captain this time. More about those in a future blog post.
Result: 2 sculpted, 8 yearly
The Fubarnii building progressed a lot, but I got side tracked working on castable accessories, so it’s on the back burner right now. Nothing completed.
Result – 0 done; Built: 2 yearly, Painted: 2 yearly
I have the opportunity at my work place to take the Fridays off during July and August, and that rare day free time let me get games with opponents I don’t have a as much opportunity to face over the rest of the year. I played some Guild Ball, as usual, even trying the upcoming Navigators guild with paperdolls. However, the big part of those games were of Relic Knights second edition, for which the rules dropped right at the end of June. It’s a really good update to a fun but wonky first edition. Enough to get me out of my painting slump, as you have already read. Finally, I got a demo of Aristeia, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Enough to try to get a second game soon, and look at pricing for the game.
Result: 10 played, 39 yearly
WIP Table of Shame
The two RK models were bare plastic before, so this tips the scale of the new even further.
Ratio: 3 old vs 15 new